I enjoy using naan for many things especially when I don't have much time to invest in cooking. It's already made and really delicious. Here is quick and healthy way to enjoy flatbread pizza on the go.
A few things naan has going for it and some fun facts about some of the other ingredients used in this recipe: Plain naan is a good source of thiamine, niacin.
Using sun-dried tomatoes with this recipe is beneficial because they are known to have more available Lycopene than a regular uncooked tomato. There have been a number of studies that lead science to believe that Lycopene has antioxidants which help in preventing asthma from exercise. Consuming more Lycopene in our diets may also lower the risk of coronary artery disease and the progression of the disease.
Remember Popeye and his can of spinach that he ate to grow big and strong? Believe it because it's completely true!!!! Spinach is very low in cholesterol and saturated fat. It's also an excellent source of protein and fiber.
Mozzarella is a really good source of calcium and protein. It also has several water-soluble vitamins such thiamine, niacin and B6. When refueling post workout this a benefit because it serves the body's nutritional need quickly as water-soluble vitamins can't be stored for later use.
What You'll Need:
For The Olive Oil sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbl oregano
- 2 tbl olive oil Plus 1 tbl oil for the skillet
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
For The Toppings:
- 1 piece of naan
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach rinsed, torn and dried
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes not in oil chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella sliced to cover the naan
- Garlic powder and onion powder
How To Make It:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce and let it sit for 30 minutes so flavor can mature.
- In the meantime: heat a skillet with 1 tbl of the olive oil over medium/low heat
- Rinse and dry the spinach then saute for a few minutes. Add a couple of dashes each of the garlic powder and onion powder and stir spinach.
- Spread a light coating of the Olive Oil sauce on the naan using a basting brush
- Place the mozzarella on top of the naan
- Take the sauteed spinach and distribute on top of the naan.
- Add a layer of sun-dried tomato to distribute as well.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 6 minutes. Let cool a few minutes and it's ready to eat!