Dessert Ricotta with Cherries. Move over cheesecake! There is another cheese for dessert that we can indulge in that's delightful and healthy too. Sometimes we just need a little something to settle our cravings down without having to feel weighed down by hundreds of extra calories. This dessert Ricotta is the perfect substitute. It still tastes rich and indulgent. The upside about this dessert is that it's high in protein, lower in saturated fat, has far less calories than many other sweet treats with the added benefit of calcium as well. A half cup of part-skim Ricotta has just 80 calories plus 7 grams of protein. Remember that protein keeps us fuller longer so if you take your time enjoying this dessert you may be able to hold off on that second serving. During preseason, postseason or any time of the year if you just have to have a treat then be good to your body and indulge in a healthy way.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup part-skim Ricotta
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 TBL fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup frozen cherries (warmed up)
- 1 TBL slivered toasted almonds
How To Make It:
- Heat frozen cherries in the microwave for 30 seconds and put them in a wine glass or small dessert dish
- In a small bowl mix together the Ricotta with sugar and lemon juice and place on top of cherries
- Top the dish with the almonds or whatever nuts you might like. Take a spoonful of the cherry juice from the bowl you heated them in and drizzle over top of almonds. Now you are ready to treat yourself to a delicious protein packed dessert.