How many of you love Noodles & Company pasta bowls? Who doesn't, really? Well, maybe there isn't one in your town or you're tired of spending $7.00 on a bowl of pasta every time you go in. Why not bring your favorite dish to your own kitchen. This is a remake of Pasta Fresca that unfortunately isn't on the menu anymore, but still a classic with plenty of healthy and yummy ingredients.
- 1 Cup Penne Pasta (substitute with gluten free if desired)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Fresh Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- Feta or Parmesan Cheese
- Salt to taste
*Add chicken for extra protein
- Boil the noodles until almost tender. Leave a bit firm so they hold up well in the sautee process.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and put on Medium-High heat
- Add chopped garlic to hot oil. Let simmer for about a minute.
- Once oil and garlic are hot, slowly add noodles to skillet after draining them
- Make sure to stir them frequently as to not get them stuck to the pan.
- Add some of the balsamic vinegar to the noodles and stir frequently.
- After the noodles have a slight char on the outside, begin to add the other ingredients, starting with the extra garlic, onions, then tomatoes followed by the spinach and feta cheese.
- Once all of the ingredients have been mixed together for about 4-5 minutes and the spinach has wilted down into the noodles, you can serve and enjoy!