Move better, Do More, Be Fast! This workout e-book from Chris "Trainer Gorres" is designed to help athletes reach and achieve their performance goals. I’ve combined my experience working with top professional athletes from the NFL, NBA, MLB, and US Soccer, to create a program that works for athletes on all levels. The 3 month plan will address flexibility, core strength, injury prevention, functional strength, power, speed and agility, fitness, and more. But its not just pro athletes getting in on the action. This plan is easy to follow for youth athletes and everyday athletes who want to look better and feel better! Whether you are training for the next World Cup, or your local Tough Mudder, these exercise principles will help you be the best you can be!
- 3 month program broken down into 3 phases
- Over 150 moves
- Flexibility, Strength, Fitness, Speed and Agility, Power, Injury Prevention and more!
- Exercise demos for each movement
- 1300 calorie and 1700 calorie meal plan included
I want to give youth athletes a way to train smarter, not harder. This book is a culmination of my experience as a coach and player. I’ve had the chance to work with some of the best athletes in the world, and I’ve also learned from other leaders in the field that share the same passion for performance training. Use this book as a resource, with helpful tips to develop strength and power for sports. It is specifically designed to help an athlete move better, do more, and be fast!!
A performance training program is designed to help your body simply move better. For most athletes, this means moving with more mobility, stability, strength, and power. By focusing on functional movements, functional strength, flexibility, and balance, you can achieve your performance goals. It sounds simple enough but traditional performance training hasn’t always been this way. In fact, performance training for athletes is still relatively new and sports science has revealed bigger and better ways to train athletes for sport.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- About the Trainer
- Introduction to Performance Training
- Message from The Athlete: Oguchi Onyewu
- Training Principles
- Message from The Athlete: Brandon Guyer
- Phase One: Move Better
- Message from The Athlete: Ali Krieger
- Bonus Workout: Box Jumps Featuring Ali Krieger
- Phase Two: Do More
- Message from The Athlete: Ashlyn Harris
- Bonus Workout: Supine Neck Series Featuring Ashlyn Harris
- Phase Three: Be Fast
- Message from The Athlete: Ryan Kerrigan
- Nutrition: Meal Plan
- Exercise Glossary