If you want to compete at your best at soccer, you need to commit to pre-season training, so that your team’s strength and cardiovascular fitness peaks at the right time.
To measure speed and agility. This test is appropriate for all players. It measures the time taken to complete a course that includes forward, lateral, and backward running.
Equipment and Area:
- Grass or indoor surface of 10 square meters
- Two coaches
- Four cones
- Stopwatch or electronic sprint timing gates
- Warm up thoroughly.
- Start with one hand and the opposite foot on the start line.
- From start cone, sprint forward to cone A and touch the base of it with your right hand.
- Facing forward and not crossing your feet, shuffle left to cone and touch its base with your left hand.
- Shuffle 10 meters to cone and touch its base with your right hand.
- Shuffle back to cone A and touch it with your left hand.
- Run backward as quickly as possible past start cone , the finish.
- The test score is the best time of three trials.
Alternative: Arrow Test – Take out Cone A and use Cone B (more specific to football movement)