The Training Triangle provides a portable and affordable solution for coaches to implement mannequin training with their players, regardless of whether or not they are training in a world class facility, a gym floor, or their front yard. With The Triangle Training Method learn mannequin training exercises used by top European teams such as Arsenal and Bayern Munich as well as games that create environments to pass and play in triangles. All age groups and skill levels can benefit from this type of training. Purchase separately or as part of your Team Set purchase.
The et-Up: Perform each exercise below rotating to the right and the left for 2 minutes each
Right Foot Rotation
How To: Working in groups of six, with three triangles being used to replace mannequins six yards apart each. Receive ball with inside of right foot, popping your hips open on your first touch and passing to the player on your right on your second touch, aiming for the inside of the players right foot. Follow your pass.
Now try the other direction and receive the ball with a directional touch using the inside of your left foot.
eft Foot Rotation
- Receive the ball with your toe up and a small hop to improve your first touch
- Before you receive the ball, players should make a quick check away and check to movement to create space away from the defender.
- Keep you head up and aware of your surroundings as long as possible before and after receiving a pass
Mannequin pattern play is being used in training among all elite European clubs to develop great players. The Training Triangles now make this type of training accessible to all teams by occupying the same space as a traditional mannequin, but solving the portability, storage, and cost issues that are creating a barrier for most teams to implement this extremely effective training style with their teams.
Diagrams and videos in the Triangle Training Method eBook are simple to understand and will improve your teams passing quality, technique, off the ball movement, footwork, dribbling, and get you started on the many mannequin training exercises that all age groups and skill levels can benefit from with The Training Triangle™.
Touch, Backpedal, Two Touch
How To: Player passes the ball to his right. Receiving player plays the ball back in one touch and backpedals to create space, receives the ball again and passes the ball to the player on his right in two touches. Follow your pass.
Same pattern now rotating in the opposite direction and passing the ball to your left.
Touch, Backpedal, Two Touch
To the Left
- As you backpedal, take a quick glance at the next player you're passing to.
- This backpedal movement helps players keep possession when the spacing becomes too tight.
- Training of this backpedal movement to create space is not often found in other soccer training exercises, but is an essential movement and technique to good possession soccer.
hallenge: Can the group do this drill completely one touch?