DES MOINES, Iowa – Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2015 – Amy LePeilbet and Yael Averbuch have made more than 100 combined appearances for the United States Women’s National Team.
Thanks to Amplified Soccer Marketing, they’ll be making an appearance in Des Moines this weekend. On Saturday at Cownie Soccer Park, the FC Kansas City teammates will be signing autographs and posing for photographs with participants at the Just for Girls Fall Invitational.
LePeilbet and Averbuch will be available from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the soccer park’s main plaza. They are also planning on lending a hand as the “celebrity coaches” for a couple lucky teams during the 140-team tournament, which is hosted by the Des Moines Menace Soccer Club.
“We’re over-the-moon ecstatic to host Yael and Amy, and we’re grateful to our friends at Amplified Soccer for making this happen,” said tournament director Adam Small. “It will be fun to give the athletes, coaches and families at JFG Fall the opportunity to meet such high-level soccer players – and excellent role models – up close and personal.”
The FCKC duo is preparing for the National Women’s Soccer League championship match, set for Thursday, October 1 at 9:30pm ET against Seattle Reign FC. FCKC will try to defend its NWSL title.
Public appearance presented by Amplified Soccer
Date and Time: Saturday, Sept. 19, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Amy LePeilbet and Yael Averbuch will be available for autographs and photos
Venue: Cownie Soccer Park (2600 East Hartford Avenue in Des Moines)
Event: Just for Girls Fall Invitational hosted by the Des Moines Menace
ABOUT AMY LePEILBET
- Veteran defender who has earned 84 caps with the U.S. Women.
- A gold medalist at the 2012 London Olympics and a silver medalist at the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- With the Boston Breakers in 2009 and 2010, was named WPS Defender of the Year in the league’s first two seasons.
- Part of FCKC’s 2014 NWSL championship season, and a 2015 finalist for NWSL Defender of the Year.
- A two-time Academic All-American at Arizona State
- An Illinois native whose first national-team experience came at the U21 level from 2002 to 2003; her first appearance for the full U.S. national team came in 2004.
- Name pronunciation: Amy Luh-pell-bet
ABOUT YAEL AVERBACH
- Central midfielder who has made 26 international appearances for the U.S. National Team.
- Scored her first USWNT goal in a 2010 CONCACAF Women’s Gold Cup qualifier against Costa Rica.
- Played in three matches that qualified the U.S. for a spot in the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- New Jersey native who played for the United States at every level of the youth national teams, from U16 in 2002 to U23 in 2008.
- Has played professionally for Sky Blue FC (including the 2009 Women’s Professional Soccer championship team), the Western New York Flash (scoring the WPS title-clinching penalty kick in 2011), WFC Rossiyanka (Russia), Kopparbergs/Goteborg FC (Sweden), the Washington Spirit (NWSL) and FCKC.
- A first-team all-American at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she set an NCAA record by starting 105 consecutive games.
- Helped the Tar Heels win the NCAA Women’s College Cup in 2006 and 2008.
- Set an NCAA record for the fastest goal when she scored only four seconds into a 2006 match against Yale. No joke: she scored on the opening kickoff. See it for yourself and become one of the more than 4 million people to watch this YouTube clip.
- Name pronunciation: Yuh-ell Ave-ur-bush
- Website: YaelAverbuch.com
ABOUT AMPLIFIED SOCCER
Amplified Soccer Marketing, LLC dba Amplified Soccer is a full service agency providing marketing, brand development, social media, website content strategy, graphic design, advertising, and sponsorship services. Find out more at www.amplifiedsoccer.com.
Amplified Soccer produces Amplified Soccer Athlete, a website and digital magazine dedicated to bringing soccer athletes around the world an unmatched resource to support their journey. Find out more
ABOUT THE JUST FOR GIRLS FALL INVITATIONAL
Celebrating its 10th anniversary, the JFG Fall Invite is one of four annual tournaments hosted by the Des Moines Menace Soccer Club. With the support of volunteers from the Menace Academy, the Menace staff runs the Just for Girls Fall Invitational each September, the Kick around the Clock 3v3 Tournament (an indoor, Super Bowl weekend tradition for U8-U18 boys and girls) and two May events – the Just for Girls Tournament and the Menace Midwest Invitational (for U11-U16 boys and girls teams). The JFG events, for U11-U18 teams, annually host more than 250 top-level teams from a 10-state region.
DES MOINES MENACE CONTACT:
Phone: (515) 457-6365